No Bullsh*t Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup of plain, non-instant oats (I’d recommend Red Tractor brand Australian Rolled Oats, which you can get in regular or gluten free. 1 bag of these makes like 30 or more servings.)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (If you hate chia seeds, just leave them out and hype up your oats with other things after they’ve sat overnight.)
- 2/3 cup of milk of your choice (I use hemp milk in mine)
- 1/3 cup of fruit of your choice
Optional Add-on Ideas:
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of any nuts you like
- Fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon nut butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of date bits
- 1 Tablespoon of dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
Very important note – DO NOT use “instant” oats. You’ll have a watery mess in the morning if you do. So definitely use just regular oats.
You’ll need an airtight container. I use small Pyrex glass bowls with lids. Some people use mason or other type of jars with lids, which totally works. The recipe above makes 1 serving.
Literally all you need to do is measure the oats, milk and chia seeds and put them in your container. Mix it up really well. Put the lid on it and throw it in the fridge. I recommend doing this at night so in the morning you’ll be all set. Give it a mix before eating and then add your fruit or other optional add-ons. I don’t put any sweetener in my oats as I basically use the fruit for that purpose, but you do you (and honey works really well IMO).