Easy Black Bean Soup
(Submitted by my buddy S.J.)
- 1 boxe of veggie broth (or 2 cans)
- 2 cans black beans – rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, keep juice
- Cilantro (if you’re not a cilantro fan, you can leave it out)
- 1 small can of mild green chilies
- 1/4 of an onion
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves (not heads) garlic (diced up)
- Olive oil
You’ll need a stock pot for this.
Dice up the onion and the garlic. Add a little olive oil (maybe a tablespoon or two) to the bottom of a big stock pot and put it on low-medium heat. You’re basically sautéing the onion and garlic in the bottom of the pot. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Give it a few minutes. You then open all the cans and dump all of it in the stock pot, bring it to a boil and let it simmer like 30 minutes. Better the next day.
You can top with:
- Fresh avocado
- Broken corn chips
- Sour cream
- Cheese or vegan cheese
You can halve this recipe, but it also freezes well.